- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to add Django debug toolbar to your project?
Django toolbox is a debugging tool that is used to debug database queries, Django website loading speed, and many other things. Debug toolbar is very popular among developers and everyone is using it. So, let's dive into to see how to implement it.
Create an app with the name "myapp".
First, install the django-debug-toolbar −
pip install django-debug-toolbar
Now, add 'debug_toolbar' to your INSTALLED_APPS in settings.py −
INSTALLED_APPS = [ # ... 'debug_toolbar', 'myapp' ]
This will add the debug toolbar as an app in our project.
Next, in your middleware, add the following −
MIDDLEWARE = [ # ... 'debug_toolbar.middleware.DebugToolbarMiddleware', # ... ]
This is used to give access to the database.
Now, in urls.py of your project main directory, add the debug toolbar url −
import debug_toolbar from django.conf import settings from django.urls import include, path urlpatterns = [ ... path('__debug__/', include(debug_toolbar.urls)), path('', include('myapp.urls')) ]
URL will define where all the debug reports should show and where the debug toolbar is needed to be hosted.
Now, in settings.py, add one more variable INTERNAL_IPS and mention localhost in it −
INTERNAL_IPS = [ # ... '127.0.0.1', # ... ]
This variable will define which URL should be debugged and on which debug should be shown.
Next, in views.py of app, add the following −
from django.shortcuts import render # Create your views here. def home(request): return render(request,"home.html")
It will render the frontend file.
Now, in urls.py of app, add the following −
from django.urls import path from . import views urlpatterns = [ path('',views.home,name="home" ), ]
It will render the main view.
Next, create a folder in the app directory and name it templates and add home.html in it. In home.html, add the following simple code −
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> </head> <body> <h1>success</h1> </body> </html>
It will just render a simple message.
You will see this toolbar at the right side of your screen on every URL endpoint −
- How to implement django-material in your Django project?
- How to add separator in a ToolBar with Java?
- How to add an UpdateView in Django?
- Useful Techniques To Identify Your Project Risk
- How to add a Money field in Django?
- How to add Social Share buttons in Django?
- How to Build your own website using Django in Python
- How to add Cucumber Maven dependencies to the project?
- How to add a captcha in a Django website?
- How to add a text editor field in Django?
- Controlling the Schedule to Protect your Project from Deviation
- Helpful Insights to Control the Cost of Your Project
- How to Add Video to your Facebook Comment?
- Know Your Project Contract Before Signing
- How to add the JDBC MySQL driver to an Eclipse project?