- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How many different types of eclipses are there?
An Eclipse is formed when a celestial body is obscured by another. We know that eclipses occur when sun, moon, and earth align in a straight line. The Solar eclipse occurs when the moon comes in between the sun and the earth. The Lunar eclipse is formed when the earth blocks the way for the sunlight to reach the moon.
Penumbra and Antumbra
The umbra is the innermost and darkest part of the shadow, which is the area when an observer can experience the eclipse completely. The Penumbra is the area in which only a portion of the light is obscured by the occluding body. The antumbra is the region where an occluding body appears completely within the disc of the light source.
There are four kinds of Solar Eclipses. They are
Total Solar Eclipse: This occurs when the moon completely covers the sun, as seen from the earth. The area under this shadow experiences a total solar eclipse.
Partial Solar Eclipse: The eclipse will be partial when the moon partially covers the sun.
Annular Solar Eclipse: When the moon appears smaller than the Sun and the sunlight surrounds the moon as a ring. Such an ellipse is called an Annular Eclipse.
Hybrid Solar Eclipse: A Hybrid eclipse is a rare form where the eclipse changes from annular to solar and solar to annular during its course.
There are three types of Lunar Eclipses. They are
Total Lunar Eclipse: This occurs when the earth’s umbra will be able to darken the whole of the moon’s area so that the moon becomes completely invisible.
Partial Lunar Eclipse: This occurs when earth’s umbra is able to cover the moon’s area partially.
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse: This occurs when the moon travels through the faint penumbral portion of earth’s shadow.
- How many types of JDBC Drivers are there?
- How many types of inheritance are there in Python?
- How many types of constructors are there in Java?
- How many types of Result Sets are there in JDBC What are they?
- How many keywords are there in C++?
- How many Rounds are there in DES?
- How many types of intent are in Android?
- How many locking systems are there in JDBC?
- How many Encryption Rounds are there in IDEA?
- How many non-access modifiers are there in Java?
- What are different types of interrupts?
- What are Different Types of Testing?
- How many groups of data types are supported by MySQL?
- How many types of anonymous inner classes are defined in Java?
- What are the different types of psychotherapy?