- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How does the Selenium WebDriver work?
The working of Selenium webdriver is described in the below image −
Source Img : https://www.tutorialspoint.com/what−is−web−driver−in−selenium
Selenium webdriver contains the below components −
Selenium Binding Languages − Selenium can work on more than one language like Java, Python, C#, Ruby, and so on as it has the bindings for all these languages.
Browser Driver − Every browser has a driver with which it establishes communication. As a web driver receives a command, it is run on the browser and the execution result is forwarded in format of HTTP response.
Browser − Selenium supports more than one browser like Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, and so on.
As we trigger the tests, the test scripts developed are converted to an URL via the JSON Wire Protocol using the HTTP. The URL will then be used by the browser driver which receives it in form of HTTP request with the help of HTTP server.
Then the browser driver forwards the request to the browser through HTTP and the implementation code gets executed. If there is a POST request, an action will be performed on the browser.
If there is a GET request, a response is obtained by the browser. It shall then be passed to the driver via the HTTP protocol. Finally, the browser forwards it to the IDE used with the help of the JSON Wire Protocol.
Selenium webdriver usages are in the following areas −
Besides, it can be used to monitor the status of an application along with the events or errors happening on it.
- Related Articles
- How does Selenium WebDriver's isDisplayed() method work?
- How does Selenium RC work?
- How does selenium webdriver upload files to the browser?
- How does Selenium Webdriver handle the SSL certificate in Safari?
- How does Selenium Webdriver handle the SSL certificate in Edge?
- Why does the Selenium WebDriver have an edge over Selenium RC?
- How does Selenium Webdriver handle SSL certificate in Firefox?
- How does Selenium Webdriver handle SSL certificate in Chrome?
- Selenium RC vs Selenium webdriver.
- Selenium WebDriver StaleElementReferenceException.
- The Architecture of Selenium WebDriver.
- How install Selenium Webdriver with Python?
- How to Download & Install Selenium WebDriver?
- How to select the Date Picker In Selenium WebDriver?
- How do I set the Selenium webdriver get timeout?