- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do you draw R-style axis ticks that point outward from the axes in Matplotlib?
To draw R-style (default is regular style) axis ticks that point outward from the axes in matplotlib, we can use rcParams["xticks.direction"]="out" for X-axis.
Set the figure size and adjust the padding between and around the subplots.
Set outwaord tick points using plt.rcParams.
Initialize a variable for the number of data points.
Create x and y data points using numpy.
Plot x and y data points using plot() method.
To display the figure, use show() method.
import numpy as np from matplotlib import pyplot as plt plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.50, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True plt.rcParams['ytick.direction'] = 'out' # in plt.rcParams['xtick.direction'] = 'out' # in n = 10 x = np.linspace(-2, 2, n) y = np.exp(x) plt.plot(x, y) plt.show()
- Related Articles
- How to remove the digits after the decimal point in axis ticks in Matplotlib?
- How to customize X-axis ticks in Matplotlib?
- Adding extra axis ticks using Matplotlib
- How can I change the font size of ticks of axes object in Matplotlib?
- Create a ggplot2 graph without axes labels, axes titles and ticks in R.
- How to change the axis ticks color in base R plot?
- How to display axes ticks and labels inside the plot using ggplot2 in R?
- How to set axis ticks in multiples of pi in Python Matplotlib?
- Remove the X-axis ticks while keeping the grids (Matplotlib)
- How to turn on minor ticks only on the y-axis Matplotlib?
- How to plot a point on 3D axes in Matplotlib?
- How to move the Y-axis ticks from the left side of the plot to the right side in matplotlib?
- How to change the color of the axis, ticks and labels for a plot in matplotlib?
- How to remove the first and last ticks label of each Y-axis subplot in Matplotlib?
- How to hide axes but keep axis-labels in 3D Plot with Matplotlib?