- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do I paste the copied text from the keyboard in Python?
Python offers many built-in libraries and modules which provides a way to implement the additional features in developing various python applications. pyperclip is one of the cross-platform python modules to implement the copyandpaste operation in any Python application. To use it in Python application, you've to install it using the following command,
pip install pyperclip
The practical use-case can be implemented by developing an application which copies the text from the clipboard and displays on the screen. Additionally, we can also display the copied text in an Entry widget or Text widget which accepts the user input in the form of text.
Let us understand this with an example.
# Import required libraries from tkinter import * import pyperclip # Create an instance of tkinter frame or window win = Tk() # Set the size of the window win.geometry("700x350") # Create a text widget my_clip= Text(win, height=15) my_clip.pack() def update_text(): global my_clip my_clip.insert(END,pyperclip.paste()) # Create a button to paste the copied text from clipboard button=Button(win, text= "Paste Here", command=update_text) button.pack() win.mainloop()
If you run the above code snippet, it will display a window with a button and a text editor where the copied text is pasted and displayed.
- How do I center the text in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How do I display only the visible text with jQuery?
- Python Tkinter – How do I change the text size in a label widget?
- How do I disable log messages from the Requests Python module?
- How do you hide the onscreen keyboard in iOS App?
- Include keyboard text in HTML
- How do I get the parent directory in Python?
- How do I give focus to a python Tkinter text widget?
- How do I remove a substring from the end of a string in Python?
- How do I use Tkinter in Python to create line-wrapped text that fills the width of the window?
- How do I select text nodes with jQuery?
- How do I calculate the date six months from the current date using the datetime Python module?
- How do I clear the regular expression cache in Python?
- Java Program to paste clipboard text to JTextArea
- How do I drop a MongoDB database from the command line?