- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
How can Tensorflow be used to load the csv data from abalone dataset?
The abalone dataset can be downloaded by using the google API that stores this dataset. The ‘read_csv’ method present in the Pandas library is used to read the data from the API into a CSV file. The names of the features are also specified explicitly.
Read More: What is TensorFlow and how Keras work with TensorFlow to create Neural Networks?
We will be using the abalone dataset, which contains a set of measurements of abalone. Abalone is a type of sea snail. The goal is to predict the age based on other measurements.
We are using the Google Colaboratory to run the below code. Google Colab or Colaboratory helps run Python code over the browser and requires zero configuration and free access to GPUs (Graphical Processing Units). Colaboratory has been built on top of Jupyter Notebook.
import pandas as pd import numpy as np print("The below line makes it easier to read NumPy values") np.set_printoptions(precision=3, suppress=True) import tensorflow as tf from tensorflow.keras import layers from tensorflow.keras.layers.experimental import preprocessing print("Reading the csv data") abalone_train = pd.read_csv("https://storage.googleapis.com/download.tensorflow.org/data/abalone_train.csv", names=["Length", "Diameter", "Height", "Whole weight", "Shucked weight","Viscera weight", "Shell weight", "Age"])
Code credit: https://www.tensorflow.org/tutorials/load_data/csv
The below line makes it easier to read NumPy values Reading the csv data
- The required packages are downloaded into the environment.
- The CSV data is read using the 'read_csv' method.
- All the features in the dataset need to be treated identically.
- Once this is done, the features are wrapped into a single NumPy array.
- Related Articles
- How can Tensorflow be used to display sample data from abalone dataset?
- How can Tensorflow be used with abalone dataset to build a sequential model?
- How can Tensorflow be used to build a normalization layer for the abalone dataset?
- How can Tensorflow be used to load the Illiad dataset using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to visualize the augmented data from the dataset?
- How can Tensorflow be used to save and load weights for MNIST dataset?
- How can Tensorflow be used to load the flower dataset and work with it?
- How can Tensorflow be used to load the dataset which contains stackoverflow questions using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to display sample data from the cats and dogs input dataset?
- How can Tensorflow be used to load the flower dataset and model off the disk using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to standardize the flower dataset?
- How can Tensorflow be used to configure the dataset for performance?
- How can Tensorflow be used to create a dataset of raw strings from the Illiad dataset using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to iterate through the dataset and display sample data using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to download flower dataset into the environment?