- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can Tensorflow be used to download and explore the Illiad dataset using Python?
Tensorflow is a machine learning framework that is provided by Google. It is an open-source framework used in conjunction with Python to implement algorithms, deep learning applications, and much more. It is used in research and for production purposes.
The ‘tensorflow’ package can be installed on Windows using the below line of code −
pip install tensorflow
Tensor is a data structure used in TensorFlow. It helps connect edges in a flow diagram. This flow diagram is known as the ‘Data flow graph’. Tensors are nothing but a multidimensional array or a list.
They can be identified using three main attributes −
Rank − It tells about the dimensionality of the tensor. It can be understood as the order of the tensor or the number of dimensions in the tensor that has been defined.
Type − It tells about the data type associated with the elements of the Tensor. It can be a one dimensional, two dimensional or n-dimensional tensor.
Shape − It is the number of rows and columns together.
We will be using the Illiad’s dataset, which contains text data of three translation works from William Cowper, Edward (Earl of Derby) and Samuel Butler. The model is trained to identify the translator when a single line of text is given. The text files used have been preprocessing. This includes removing the document header and footer, line numbers and chapter titles.
We are using Google Colaboratory to run the below code. Google Colab or Colaboratory helps run Python code over the browser and requires zero configuration and free access to GPUs (Graphical Processing Units). Collaboratory has been built on top of Jupyter Notebook. Following is the code snippet −
print("Loading the Illiad dataset") DIRECTORY_URL = 'https://storage.googleapis.com/download.tensorflow.org/data/illiad/' FILE_NAMES = ['cowper.txt', 'derby.txt', 'butler.txt'] print("Iterating through the name of the files") for name in FILE_NAMES: text_dir = utils.get_file(name, origin=DIRECTORY_URL + name) parent_dir = pathlib.Path(text_dir).parent print("The list of files in the directory") print(list(parent_dir.iterdir()))
Code credit − https://www.tensorflow.org/tutorials/load_data/text
Loading the Illiad dataset Iterating through the name of the files Downloading data from https://storage.googleapis.com/download.tensorflow.org/data/illiad/cowper.txt 819200/815980 [==============================] - 0s 0us/step Downloading data from https://storage.googleapis.com/download.tensorflow.org/data/illiad/derby.txt 811008/809730 [==============================] - 0s 0us/step Downloading data from https://storage.googleapis.com/download.tensorflow.org/data/illiad/butler.txt 811008/807992 [==============================] - 0s 0us/step The list of files in the directory [PosixPath('/root/.keras/datasets/derby.txt'), PosixPath('/root/.keras/datasets/cowper.txt'), PosixPath('/root/.keras/datasets/butler.txt')] [ ]
The ‘tf.data.TextLineDataset’ is used to load examples from text files.
The ‘tf.text’ is used to preprocess the data.
First, the dataset is downloaded and explore.
- How can TensorFlow be used to download and explore the Fashion MNIST dataset using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to download and explore IMDB dataset in Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to load the Illiad dataset using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to train the Illiad dataset using Python?
- How can Tensorflow and Python be used to download and prepare the CIFAR dataset?
- How can Tensorflow be used to explore the flower dataset using keras sequential API?
- How can Tensorflow be used to create a dataset of raw strings from the Illiad dataset using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to explore the dataset and see a sample file from the stackoverflow question dataset using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to download flower dataset into the environment?
- How can Tensorflow be used to download the flower dataset using keras sequential API?
- How can Tensorflow be used to convert the tokenized words from Illiad dataset into integers using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to build vocabulary from tokenized words for Illiad dataset using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to split the Illiad dataset into training and test data in Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used with Illiad dataset to check how well the test data performs using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used with premade estimator to download the Iris dataset?