- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can Keras be used to train the model using Python Program?
Keras was developed as a part of the research for the project ONEIROS (Open-ended Neuro-Electronic Intelligent Robot Operating System). Keras is a deep learning API, which is written in Python. It is a high-level API that has a productive interface that helps solve machine learning problems. It runs on top of the Tensorflow framework. It was built to help experiment in a quick manner. It provides essential abstractions and building blocks that are essential in developing and encapsulating machine learning solutions.
It is highly scalable and comes with cross-platform abilities. This means Keras can be run on TPU or clusters of GPUs. Keras models can also be exported to run in a web browser or a mobile phone as well.
Keras is already present within the Tensorflow package. It can be accessed using the below line of code.
import tensorflow from tensorflow import keras
The Keras functional API helps create models that are more flexible in comparison to models created using sequential API. The functional API can work with models that have non-linear topology, can share layers and work with multiple inputs and outputs. A deep learning model is usually a directed acyclic graph (DAG) that contains multiple layers. The functional API helps build the graph of layers.
We are using Google Colaboratory to run the below code. Google Colab or Colaboratory helps run Python code over the browser and requires zero configuration and free access to GPUs (Graphical Processing Units). Colaboratory has been built on top of Jupyter Notebook. Following is the code snippet to train the model −
print("The model is being plotted") keras.utils.plot_model(model, "my_resnet.png", show_shapes=True) print("Split the data into training and test data") (x_train, y_train), (x_test, y_test) = keras.datasets.cifar10.load_data() print("Convert the type of data to float") x_train = x_train.astype("float32") / 255.0 x_test = x_test.astype("float32") / 255.0 y_train = keras.utils.to_categorical(y_train, 10) y_test = keras.utils.to_categorical(y_test, 10) print("Compiling the model") model.compile( optimizer=keras.optimizers.RMSprop(1e-3), loss=keras.losses.CategoricalCrossentropy(from_logits=True), metrics=["acc"], ) model.fit(x_train[:2000], y_train[:2000], batch_size=64, epochs=2, validation_split=0.2)
Code credit − https://www.tensorflow.org/guide/keras/functional
The model is being plotted Split the data into training and test data Downloading data from https://www.cs.toronto.edu/~kriz/cifar-10-python.tar.gz 170500096/170498071 [==============================] - 2s 0us/step Convert the type of data to float Compiling the model Epoch 1/2 25/25 [==============================] - 9s 332ms/step - loss: 2.3163 - acc: 0.1028 - val_loss: 2.2962 - val_acc: 0.1175 Epoch 2/2 25/25 [==============================] - 12s 492ms/step - loss: 2.3155 - acc: 0.1175 - val_loss: 2.2606 - val_acc: 0.1200 <tensorflow.python.keras.callbacks.History at 0x7f48d3ecfb00>
The input data is split into training and test dataset.
The data type is converted to the ‘float’ type.
The model is compiled using the ‘compile’ method.
The ‘fit’ method is used to fit the model to the training data.
- Related Articles
- How can Keras be used to train the model using Python?
- How can Keras be used to plot the model using Python Program?
- How can Keras be used to evaluate the model using Python?
- How can Keras be used to plot the model using Python?
- How can Keras be used to train a model with new callback in Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to train the model using Python?
- How can Keras be used to save the entire model using Python?
- How can Keras be used to evaluate the restored model using Python?
- How can Keras be used to save and serialize the model using Python?
- How can Keras be used to reload a fresh model from the saved model using Python?
- How can Keras be used to save model using hdf5 format in Python?
- How can Keras be used to remove a layer from the model using Python?
- How can Keras be used with a pre-trained model using Python?
- How can Keras be used for feature extraction using a sequential model using Python?
- How can Keras be used to compile the built sequential model in Python?