- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can Bokeh library be used to generate line graphs in Python?
Visualizing data is an important steps since it helps understand what is going on in the data without actually looking at the numbers and performing complicated computations.
Bokeh can be easily used in conjunction with NumPy, Pandas, and other Python packages. It can be used to produce interactive plots, dashboards, and so on. It helps in communicating the quantitative insights to the audience effectively.
Matplotlib and Seaborn produce static plots, whereas Bokeh produces interactive plots. This means when the user interacts with these plots, they change accordingly.
Plots can be embedded as output of Flask or Django enabled web applications. Jupyter notebook can also be used to render these plots.
Dependencies of Bokeh −
Numpy Pillow Jinja2 Packaging Pyyaml Six Tornado Python−dateutil
Installation of Bokeh on Windows command prompt
pip3 install bokeh
Installation of Bokeh on Anaconda prompt
conda install bokeh
Following is an example −
from bokeh.plotting import figure, output_file, show x = [7, 3, 5, 9, 2, 0] y = [2, 5, 8, 1, 2, 4] output_file('sample.html') fig = figure(title = 'Line plot ', x_axis_label = 'x', y_axis_label = 'y') fig.line(x,y) show(fig)
The required packages are imported, and aliased.
The data is defined as two lists.
The figure function is called.
The ‘output_file’ function is called to mention the name of the html file that will be generated.
The ‘line’ function present in Bokeh is called.
The ‘show’ function is used to display the plot.
- How can Bokeh be used to generate sinusoidal waves in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to generate patch plot in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to generate scatter plot using Python?
- How can Bokeh library be used to visualize twin axes in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to generate candle stick plot in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to create step line plot in Python?
- How can Bokeh library be used to visualize stacked bar charts in Python?
- How can Bokeh library be used to plot horizontal bar plots using Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate line plots in Python?
- How can bar graphs be visualized using Bokeh?
- How can grid plot in Bokeh library be created with Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to visualize bar plot in Python?
- How can Bokeh be used to visualize multiple bar plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate box plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate dot plots in Python?