- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
GCD of more than two (or array) numbers in Python Program
In this article, we will learn about the solution to the problem statement given below −
We will be given an array of number and we need to find the greatest common divisor.
If we need to find gcd of more than two numbers, gcd is equal to the product of the prime factors common to all the numbers provided as arguments. It can also be calculated by repeatedly taking the GCDs of pairs of numbers of arguments.
Here we will be implementing the latter approach
So now, let’s see the implementation
def findgcd(x, y): while(y): x, y = y, x % y return x l = [22, 44, 66, 88, 99] num1 = l num2 = l gcd = findgcd(num1,num2) for i in range(2,len(l)): gcd = findgcd(gcd,l[i]) print("gcd is: ",gcd)
Gcd is: 11
All the variables and functions are declared in global scope as shown in the image below −
In this article, we learned the approach to find the greatest common divisor of a given array of arguments.
- Python Program for GCD of more than two (or array) numbers
- C++ Program for GCD of more than two (or array) numbers?
- Java Program for GCD of more than two (or array) numbers
- C++ Program for GCD 0.of more than two (or array) numbers?
- Finding LCM of more than two (or array) numbers without using GCD in C++
- Program to find GCD or HCF of two numbers in C++
- Program to compute gcd of two numbers recursively in Python
- Java program to find the GCD or HCF of two numbers
- Swift Program to Find GCD of two Numbers
- Java Program to Find GCD of two Numbers
- Kotlin Program to Find GCD of two Numbers
- Program to find GCD or HCF of two numbers using Middle School Procedure in C++
- Haskell program to find the gcd of two numbers
- Find GCD of two numbers