- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Forcing Tkinter window to stay on top of fullscreen in Windows 10?
To render widgets in a Tkinter application, we generally use mainloop() function which helps to display the widgets in a window. In many cases, tkinter window displays over the other windows or programs. While switching to other programs or windows, it seems difficult to find and switch back to the Tkinter window again.
We can force our tkinter window to stay on Top of other window or programs by creating a function and defining win.lift() method in a loop. In the loop, it will execute win.after(2000, function()) function to ensure that the tkinter window will always stays on top of other windows.
# Import the required libraries from tkinter import * import lorem # Create an instance of tkinter frame or window win=Tk() # Set the size of the window win.geometry("700x350") def stay_on_top(): win.lift() win.after(2000, stay_on_top) # Add a Label widget Label(win, text="This window will always stay on Top", font=('Aerial 14')).pack(pady=30, anchor =CENTER) # Call function to make the window stay on top stay_on_top() win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a window that will automatically remain on top of all other windows.
- How to put a Tkinter window on top of the others?
- Top In-Built Security Features in Windows 10
- How to bring Tkinter window in front of other windows?
- How to display a tkinter application in fullscreen on macOS?
- Run Linux Natively on Windows 10
- How to force Tkinter text widget to stay on one line?
- How to install Imagick/imagemagick PHP extension on Windows 10?
- How to keep the window focus on the new Toplevel() window in Tkinter?
- Fetch top 10 starred repositories of user on GitHub using Python?
- How to use pip or easy_install Tkinter on Windows?
- Placing plot on Tkinter main window in Python
- Top 10 Online Forums
- OWASP Top 10 Vulnerabilities
- How to center a window on the screen in Tkinter?