- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the different types of users who play different roles in DBMS?
There are a number of users who can access or retrieve the data on demand using the application and the interfaces provided by the Database Management System (DBMS).
Types of Users
The users of the database can be classified into the following groups −
Native users − The native users need not be aware of the presence of the database system. They are end users of the database who works through a menu driven application programs, where the type and range of response is always indicated to the user
Online users − Online users may communicate with databases directly through an online terminal or indirectly through user interface and application programs.
Sophisticated Users − They are those users who interact with the system without writing the program instead they form their request in database query language. They are the SQL programmers, who are going to deal directly with the database. They write queries to delete or select or insert and update the database.
Specialized Users − Specialized users who write specialized database applications that do not fit into the fractional database processing framework.
Application Programmer − The application programmer users who are responsible for developing the application programs or user interface. The application programs could be written in high level language. For example − Java, .net, php etc,
Database Administrator (DBA) − It is a person or the group in charge of implementing the database system within the organization. The DBA has all the privileges allowed by the DBMS and can assign or remove the privileges from the users.
Classification of Users
DBMS mainly classified into three users −
The classification of users in DBMS is pictorially represented below −
- Related Articles
- Explain the different categories of End Users in DBMS?
- Explain attributes and the different types of attributes in DBMS?
- What are the different types of DBMS?
- What are the different types of schedules in DBMS?
- What are different types of DBMS languages?
- What are different types of recoverability of schedules(DBMS)?
- Explain the different types of Phishing Attacks?
- Explain the different types of books of accounts
- Explain different types of expressions in C program
- Explain different types of Social Engineering Attacks?
- Explain Changes and its different types.
- What is valency? Explain the different types of valencies.
- What are Different Roles in Java Development?
- Get number of users of different type in MySQL?
- What are the different bases for the classification of natural resources? Explain different types of natural resources briefly.