- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain how a sequential model (Dense Layer) be built in Tensorflow using Python
Tensorflow is a machine learning framework that is provided by Google. It is an open−source framework used in conjunction with Python to implement algorithms, deep learning applications and much more. It is used in research and for production purposes.
The ‘tensorflow’ package can be installed on Windows using the below line of code −
pip install tensorflow
The layers API is parth of Keras API. Keras means ‘horn’ in Greek. Keras was developed as a part of research for the project ONEIROS (Open ended Neuro-Electronic Intelligent Robot Operating System). Keras is a deep learning API, which is written in Python. It is a high-level API that has a productive interface that helps solve machine learning problems. It runs on top of Tensorflow framework. It was built to help experiment in a quick manner. It provides essential abstractions and building blocks that are essential in developing and encapsulating machine learning solutions. It is highly scalable, and comes with cross platform abilities. This means Keras can be run on TPU or clusters of GPUs. Keras models can also be exported to run in a web browser or a mobile phone as well.
Keras is already present within the Tensorflow package. It can be accessed using the below line of code.
import tensorflow from tensorflow import keras
We are using the Google Colaboratory to run the below code. Google Colab or Colaboratory helps run Python code over the browser and requires zero configuration and free access to GPUs (Graphical Processing Units). Colaboratory has been built on top of Jupyter Notebook.
Following is the code to create dense layers −
print("Three dense layers are being created") layer1 = layers.Dense(2, activation="relu", name="layer_1") layer2 = layers.Dense(3, activation="relu", name="layer_2") layer3 = layers.Dense(4, name="layer_3") print("The model is being called on test data") x = tf.ones((4, 4)) y = layer3(layer2(layer1(x)))
Code credit − https://www.tensorflow.org/guide/keras/sequential_model
Three dense layers are being created The model is being called on test data The layers are [<tensorflow.python.keras.layers.core.Dense object at 0x7fe921aaf7b8>, <tensorflow.python.keras.layers.core.Dense object at 0x7fe921a6d898>, <tensorflow.python.keras.layers.core.Dense object at 0x7fe921a6dc18>]
This is an alternate method to create a sequential model in Keras using Python and adding layers to it.
Every layer is created explicity by calling the ‘layers.Dense’ method on it.
A sequential model is created by passing a list of layers to this constructor.
The ‘layers’ attribute can be used to know more details about the layers in the model.
Once the layers have been added, the data is displayed on the console.
- How can a sequential model be built on Auto MPG using TensorFlow?
- How can a sequential model be built on Auto MPG dataset using TensorFlow?
- How can Tensorflow be used to create a sequential model using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to export the model built using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to export the built model using Python?
- How can a sequential model be created incrementally with Tensorflow in Python?
- How can Keras be used to compile the built sequential model in Python?
- When should a sequential model be used with Tensorflow in Python? Give an example
- How can Tensorflow be used with abalone dataset to build a sequential model?
- How can TensorFlow be used with keras.Model to track the variables defined using sequential model?
- How can Tensorflow be used to add dense layers on top using Python?
- How can a DNN (deep neural network) model be built on Auto MPG dataset using TensorFlow?
- How can Keras be used for feature extraction using a sequential model using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to build normalization layer using Python?
- Explain how a quiver plot can be built using Matplotlib Python?