- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Draw the graphs of the equations $5x – y = 5$ and $3x – y = 3$. Determine the coordinates of the vertices of the triangle formed by these lines and the y-axis.
The equations of the sides of the given triangle are:
$5x\ -\ y\ =\ 5$ and $3x\ -\ y\ =\ 3$.
We have to determine the vertices of the given triangle.
To represent the above equations graphically we need at least two solutions for each of the equations.
For equation $5x-y=5$,
If $x=0$ then $y=5(0)-5=-5$
If $x=1$ then $y=5(1)-5=5-5=0$
For equation $3x-y=3$,
If $x=0$ then $y=3(0)-3=-3$
If $x=1$ then $y=3(1)-3=3-3=0$
Equation of y-axis is $x=0$. The above situation can be plotted graphically as below:
The lines AB, CD and AC represent the equations $5x-y=5$, $3x-y=3$ and $y=0$ respectively.
As we can see, the points of intersection of the lines AB, CD and AC taken in pairs are the vertices of the given triangle.
Hence, the vertices of the given triangle are $(0,-5), (1,0)$ and $(0,-3)$.
- Maximize the sum of X+Y elements by picking X and Y elements from 1st and 2nd array in C++
- How to change the color of X and Y axis lines in a JavaFX char?
- How to get the Tkinter widget's current x and y coordinates?
- How to change the range of the X-axis and Y-axis in Matplotlib?
- Find larger of x^y and y^x in C++
- Evaluate a 3-D polynomial on the Cartesian product of x, y and z in Python
- Evaluate a 3-D Hermite_e series on the Cartesian product of x, y and z in Python
- Evaluate a 3-D Hermite series on the Cartesian product of x, y and z in Python
- Evaluate a 3-D Laguerre series on the Cartesian product of x, y and z in Python
- Evaluate a 3-D Chebyshev series on the Cartesian product of x, y and z in Python
- How to set the alignment of the JLabel content along the Y axis in Java?
- Area of triangle formed by the axes of co-ordinates and a given straight line?
- How to increase/reduce the fontsize of X and Y tick labels in Matplotlib?
- Rotate transform the element by using y-axis with CSS3
- How to set the angle of skew on the Y-axis of a Circle using FabricJS?
- How to set the alignment of the JLabel content along the Y axis on the top in Java