- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between Data Privacy and Data Security.
Let us understand the concepts of data security and data privacy.
It uses physical and logical strategies to protect information from cyber attacks, and accidental or intentional data loss.
It is a technology and technique which is use to prevent the following −
- Unauthorized access
- Intentional loss of sensitive data
- Accidental loss or corruption of sensitive data
So, data security is a technologically sophisticated, holistic approach which secures every network, application, device and data repository in an enterprise IT infrastructure.
Data security includes the following
- Physical access controls to servers
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) requirements
- Least-privilege access controls
- Password complexity requirements
- Data encryption
- Identification and remediation of stale data
Data privacy is defined as only the authorised person can access the data. It is typically applied to personal health information (PHI), personally identifiable information (PII) where financial information, medical records, social security or ID numbers, names, birthdates, and contact information is present.
It applies to all sensitive information for the organizations which handle customers, shareholders, and employees. This information plays an important role in business operations, development, and finances.
The major differences between data privacy and data security are as follows −
|Data Security||Data Privacy|
|Data Security helps us to protect against unauthorized access.||Data privacy is the ability to protect personally identifiable information.|
|It provides protection to all types of user data and information which are stored electronically.||It is a way of protecting sensitive information that is related to individuals and companies.|
|Data security can be achieved without privacy.||Data privacy cannot be achieved without security.|
|Data security focuses on all sorts of information that an organization collects.||Data privacy program focuses on personal information like name, address, login credentials, account information etc.|
|It implements the protocols that provide confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.||Data privacy refers to protection of privacy rights for processing of personal data.|
- Related Articles
- Distinguish between Data Privacy and Data Protection.
- What is the Relationship Between Data Privacy And Cybersecurity
- What is the difference between data security and data integrity?
- What is the difference between Privacy and Security?
- Elementary Conceptions of Data Security and Protection
- What are security threats? Differentiate between wired and wireless threats
- Biometrics and Biometric Data: Types and Security Tips
- What are the methods of Privacy-preserving data mining?
- Difference between data type and data structure
- Difference Between Data Warehouse and Data Mart
- Difference between Data Mining and Big Data
- Difference between Data mining and Data Science?
- Difference between Data lake and Data warehouse
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Warehousing
- What is Privacy in information security?