- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Verification and Validation
46 Lectures 3.5 hours
In this post, we will understand the difference between verification and validation −
It ensures whether the product is being built in the right way.
It helps check whether a software achieves its goal without any errors.
It checks to see if the product being developed fulfils the requirements in hand.
It is static testing.
It doesn’t include code execution.
It includes checking the documents, design, codes and programs.
It is done by humans.
It includes methods such as reviews, walkthroughs, inspections and desk-checking.
It helps find bugs in early stages of development.
The goal is applying the software architecture and specification correctly.
It is done by the quality assurance team.
It is done before validation.
It helps check if the product being developed is up to the mark.
It sees if the product has high level requirements.
The product is validation by checking if the right product is being developed.
It compares the actual product and the expected outcome of it.
It is dynamic testing.
It includes testing and validation of the actual product.
It includes code execution.
The goal is the actual product itself.
Methods used here include Black Box Testing, White Box Testing and non-functional testing.
It checks to see if the software meets the requirements and expectations of a customer.
It finds errors and bugs that can’t be found using verification process.
It is done by the testing team.
It is done after verification.
It is performed by computer.
- Differences between Verification and Validation.
- Verification and Validation with Example
- Design Verification & Validation Process in Software testing
- Checkbox verification with Cypress
- Verification in Java (JVM)
- Static Dropdown verification with Cypress
- Dynamic Dropdown verification with Cypress
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between CPU and GPU