- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Python and Bash
Python is a programing language designed to be simple to implement and easy to understand. It is a dynamically typed language. It is not using pointers.
Bash is a command-line interpreter and is shipped by default in Linux and MacOS operating systems. It can be installed in other operating systems as well. It is default User Shell for Linux and MacOS.
The following are some of the important differences between Python and Bash.
|1||Type||Python is a programming language mostly used in automation programming.||Bash is a command-line interpreter or user shell to interpret user commands.|
|2||Basis||Python is developed as an easy to implement an object-oriented programming language.||Bash shell was introduced as a replacement of Bourne Shell.|
|3||Ease of use||Python is very easy to understand and is quite powerful language.||Bash scripts are difficult to understand or implement as compared to Python.|
|4||Target||Python is designed for Web/App development.||Bash is the default user shell for Linux and MacOS.|
|5||OOP support||Python is an Object Oriented Programming language.||Bash is a command based shell.|
|6||Third-Party Programs||Python may need third party libraries to work.||Bash is not requiring any libraries as dependencies.|
|7||Preference||Python is better for large codebase.||Bash is suitable for smaller scripts.|
- Difference between Python and PHP.
- Difference between C and Python
- Difference Between PHP and Python
- Difference between Python iterable and iterator
- Difference between == and is operator in python.
- Difference between Method and Function in Python
- Difference between mutable and immutable in python?
- Difference Between Go and Python Programming Language
- Difference between List and Tuples in Python.
- Difference Between List and Tuple in Python
- Explain difference between == and is operator in Python.
- What is the difference between = and == operators in Python?
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism