- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between OLAP and OLTP
OLAP stands for On-Line Analytical Processing. It is used for analysis of database information from multiple database systems at one time such as sales analysis and forecasting, market research, budgeting and etc. Data Warehouse is the example of OLAP system.
OLTP stands for On-Line Transactional processing. It is used for maintaining the online transaction and record integrity in multiple access environments. OLTP is a system that manages very large number of short online transactions for example, ATM.
|1||Basic||It is used for data analysis||It is used to manage very large number of online short transactions|
|2||Database Type||It uses data warehouse||It uses traditional DBMS|
|3||Data Modification||It manages all insert, update and delete transaction||It is mainly used for data reading|
|4||Response time||Processing is little slow||In Milliseconds|
|5||Normalization||Tables in OLAP database are not normalized.||Tables in OLTP database are normalized.|
- Difference Between OLTP and OLAP
- Explain the difference between OLAP and OLTP
- Difference between a data warehouse database and an OLTP database?
- What is the difference between concept description in a large database and OLAP?
- What is OLAP?
- What is OLAP? Explain its advantages and disadvantages
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between NodeJS and AngularJS