- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Running OLAP queries in SAP HANA
When you have to run an OLAP query that perform sum of Sales in table with where clause in Country=’US’.
Select Sum(Sales) from FCT_SALES where Country=’US’;
It storage type is a column based storage in memory cells all the values for Sales will come together in database and when an aggregation ‘Sum’ is performed it will be much faster as compared to an OLTP query.
If table is row based storage with values are stored with different data types coming together and a ‘Sum’ aggregation is performed, it will too tough to find values for ‘Sales’ column.
In graph, column based tables show the value of Sales in the database and shows it is easy to perform calculations.
- Related Articles
- Running an OLTP query in SAP HANA
- Single query vs multiple queries to fetch large number of rows in SAP HANA
- How to list down all the running queries in MySQL?
- SAP HANA database functions in HANA Cockpit
- SAP HANA Modeling Perspective in HANA Studio
- Customizing SAP HANA Perspective in HANA Studio
- TCP/IP port in SAP HANA to access SAP HANA XS Engine
- Use of SAP Host Agent in SAP HANA
- Data compression in SAP HANA
- M_Expensive statement in SAP HANA
- Using aggregated in SAP HANA
- Persistence layer in SAP HANA
- Start and stop HANA system in SAP HANA Studio
- Using SAP HANA Cockpit for HANA Administration
- Opening SAP HANA Cockpit from HANA Studio