- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between List and Tuples in Python.
List is a container to contain different types of objects and is used to iterate objects.
list = ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e']
Tuple is also similar to list but contains immutable objects. Tuple processing is faster than List.
tuples = ('a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e')
Following are the important differences between List and Tuple.
|1||Type||List is mutable.||Tuple is immutable.|
|2||Iteration||List iteration is slower and is time consuming.||Tuple iteration is faster.|
|3||Appropriate for||List is useful for insertion and deletion operations.||Tuple is useful for readonly operations like accessing elements.|
|4||Memory Consumption||List consumes more memory.||Tuples consumes less memory.|
|5||Methods||List provides many in-built methods.||Tuples have less in-built methods.|
|6||Error prone||List operations are more error prone.||Tuples operations are safe.|
- Difference Between List and Tuple in Python
- What's the difference between lists and tuples in Python?
- Combining tuples in list of tuples in Python
- Count tuples occurrence in list of tuples in Python
- Remove duplicate tuples from list of tuples in Python
- Convert list of tuples into list in Python
- Difference Between Array and Linked List
- Convert list of tuples to list of list in Python
- Difference between List and Set in Java
- Difference Between List and ArrayList in Java
- Summation of tuples in list in Python
- Flatten Tuples List to String in Python
- Python program to find Tuples with positive elements in List of tuples
- Remove tuples from list of tuples if greater than n in Python
- Difference between List and Array types in Kotlin