- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
Difference between iCloud and Backblaze B2
iCloud is Apple’s cloud-based ecosystem of applications and tools that you can use almost on all devices. Apple started its service on June 6th, 2011, and has managed to gain more than 850 million users and is built into every apple system.
iCloud provides free 5 GB of storage and a paid storage service of up to 2 TB of data, with a maximum file size of 50 GB. It also provides features like family sharing and file sharing among friends and helps track lost devices. All data stored in iCloud is synced across all Apple id connected devices.
Though iCloud is famous and is being used worldwide, Apple’s iCloud services do not provide end-to-end encryption, and Apple reserves the right to and admits to scanning user data.
Backblaze is a company that provides cloud storage and data backup services. It was founded in 2007 by Gleb Budman, Billy Ng, Nilay Patel, Brian Wilson, Tim Nufire, Damon Uyeda, and Jones.
The firm's two primary products are B2 Cloud Storage and Computer Backup, which are aimed at the commercial and consumer sectors. In addition, Backblaze launched a new project, Backblaze B2 cloud storage, in September 2015. It is focused on software integration for many types of enterprises. Backblaze has four data centers, three situated in the United States and one in the European Union.
The files are encrypted on the user's PC, then transferred to Backblaze via an encrypted SSL connection, and stored in the encrypted format. Encryption had to be an option for B2. Some scenarios would require encryption, while others would not.
Backblaze B2 saves the information you access. For example, you can upload just encrypted data and use a third-party integration to encrypt data before sending it to Backblaze B2 or keeping data without encryption.
In addition, data in Backblaze B2 can be protected from ransomware by employing object locks and third-party integrations, which make the data non-erasable and non-modifiable for a user-defined period.
Backblaze B2 provides users with 10GB of free storage and unlimited storage for paid customers with no maximum file size.
Difference between iCloud and Backblaze B2
The following table highlights the major differences between iCloud andBackblaze B2 −
|It offers 5 GB of free storage to its users||Offers users 10 GB of free storage|
|Has a limited storage space of 2 TB||Offers unlimited storage space available for paid users|
|Maximum file size is 50 GB||No maximum limit for file sizes|
|Partly supports file versioning||Supports file versioning|
|iCloud provides users features like family sharing, find lost devices and permits sharing web surfing status with other authorized devices.||It has no such features|
- Related Articles
- Difference between Backblaze B2 and Mega
- Difference between Backblaze B2 and BorgBase
- Difference between Backblaze B2 and Jumpshare
- Difference between Dropbox and Backblaze B2
- Difference between OneDrive and Backblaze B2
- Difference between Backblaze B2 and MediaFire
- Difference between Backblaze B2 and HCL Connections
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and Backblaze B2
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Backblaze B2
- Difference between Amazon S3 and Backblaze B2
- Difference between Google Drive and Backblaze B2
- What are the differences between Backblaze B2 and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between Backblaze B2 and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between Backblaze B2 and pCloud?
- What are the differences between Backblaze B2 and MiMedia?