- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Huffman Coding and Shannon Fano Coding
46 Lectures 3.5 hours
In this post, we will understand the difference between Huffman coding and Shannon Fano coding −
It was invented in the year 1952.
It has good efficiency.
It was developed by David Huffman.
It provides high optimization.
It is based on the source symbol probabilities.
Shannon Fano coding
It was invented in the year 1949.
It has moderate efficiency.
It was developed by Claude Shannon and Robert Fano.
It provides low optimization.
It is based on the cumulative distribution function.
- Huffman Coding
- Huffman Coding Algorithm
- Efficient Huffman Coding for Sorted Input
- Getting started with coding
- Python Coding Style Guide
- Python Tricks for Competitive Coding
- What is physical layer coding violation?
- What are Python coding standards/best practices?
- Can I learn Java without any coding background?
- Why is python best suited for Competitive Coding
- BFS using STL for competitive coding in C++?
- Top 5 Tools to prototype iOS and Android apps without coding
- C++ code to find position of students after coding contest
- Why can't we upload multiple files anymore at Coding Ground?
- C++ Program to count number of teams can be formed for coding challenge