Difference between Hibernate and Eclipse link
Hibernate and Eclipse link both are object relational mapping tool. They both are the implementation of JPA.
Hibernate is very popular implementation of JPA built by Red hat. It also has some extra features that JPA does not provide.
Eclipse is an open source implementation of JPA built by Eclipse foundation. It 'is one of the first project which became part of EE4J. It is available in two forms −
- Eclipse link jar file format − It is complete package. It has everything which need to run any Eclipse link functionality.
- OSGI bundles for each of the eclipse link component.
|Sr. No.||Key||Hibernate||Eclipse link|
|1||Basic||It is a very popular implementation of JPA. It does not implement JPA2.2 but has almost all the features of it.||Eclipse link is an open source implementation of JPA 2.2.|
|2||Native SQL function||We can not call native function directly in JPQL queries ||We can call native SQL function directly in JPQl queries|
|3||Batch size||Hibernate has annotations for batch size @batchSize||It doesn't have annotation for|
Batch size @batchSize
|4.||Boolean||Hibernate JPQL implementation does not understand Boolean value||Eclipse link implementation can understand Boolean|
|5.||User case||Hibernate is very mature and well documented.||Eclipse link is not very mature and well documented.|
- Related Articles
- Difference Between JDBC and Hibernate
- Difference between Hibernate and JPA
- Difference Between Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse
- Difference Between get() and load() in Hibernate
- Difference between save() and persist() in Hibernate
- Difference between sequence and identity in Hibernate
- Difference Between Hard link and Soft link
- Difference between lazy and eager loading in Hibernate
- Difference Between Link and Association
- Difference Between First level cache and Second level cache in Hibernate
- Difference between ACL and SCO Link in Bluetooth
- What is the difference between URL and Link?
- What is the difference between Point to Point Link and Star Topology Network?
- The Link Between Migraine, Nausea, and Vomiting
- What is the link between Strategy and Capital Budgeting?