- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Facial Recognition and Face ID
10 Lectures 1 hours
15 Lectures 54 mins
Facial recognition is a technique in which a person is identified using his/her face. The system captures the facial expression details, analyzes and compares with an existing database of known faces to find a match. The face detection process helps to locate people in images and videos.
Face ID is an advanced face recognition technology first unveiled in iPhone X. Face ID is very reliable and advanced biometric technology used in iPhones.
The following are some of the important differences between Facial Recognition and Face ID.
|Sr. No.||Key||Facial Recognition||Face ID|
|1||Definition||Facial Recognition is a software application that is capable of verifying a person with his facial expression.||Face ID is an advanced and highly reliable biometric application specially developed for iPhones. iPhone X was the first phone to exhibit the Face ID application.|
|2||Quality||Present facial recognition software is of low quality as compared to Face ID.||Face ID is a highly specialized face-based identity recognizer application.|
|3||Usage||Facial recognition software is primarily used in android phones and uses an IR camera with an IR LED.||Face ID uses the front TrueDepth Camera and can project up to 30000 dots per pixel.|
|4||Accuracy||Facial recognition software is used in android is not very accurate.||Face ID is highly accurate and is convenient.|
- Face Detection and Recognition Systems
- In Google Photo Gallery, Enable Face Recognition
- How can Deep Learning be used for facial recognition in Machine Learning?
- Difference between an id and class in HTML
- What is the difference between id and name attributes in HTML?
- What causes facial hair in women?
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Difference between TDM and FDM