- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Delete Tuple Elements in Python
Removing individual tuple elements is not possible. There is, of course, nothing wrong with putting together another tuple with the undesired elements discarded.
To explicitly remove an entire tuple, just use the del statement.
#!/usr/bin/python tup = ('physics', 'chemistry', 1997, 2000); print tup; del tup; print "After deleting tup : "; print tup;
This produces the following result. Note an exception raised, this is because after del tup tuple does not exist any more −
('physics', 'chemistry', 1997, 2000) After deleting tup : Traceback (most recent call last): File "test.py", line 9, in <module> print tup; NameError: name 'tup' is not defined
- Delete List Elements in Python
- Delete Dictionary Elements in Python
- Delete elements in range in Python
- Modulo of tuple elements in Python
- How to append elements in Python tuple?
- Python - Join tuple elements in a list
- Raise elements of tuple as power to another tuple in Python
- Count the elements till first tuple in Python
- Python – Concatenate Rear elements in Tuple List
- Delete elements with frequency atmost K in Python
- Maximum and Minimum K elements in Tuple using Python
- Python – Filter tuple with all same elements
- How to get unique elements in nested tuple in Python
- Delete elements in C++ STL list
- How to group Python tuple elements by their first element?