- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
Creating Tkinter full-screen application
Tkinter initially creates a window that contains application components such as widgets and control bars. We can switch a native-looking application to a full-screen application by using the attribute(‘-fullscreen’, True) method. To make the window full-screen, just invoke the method with the particular window.
# Import tkinter library from tkinter import * # Create an instance of tkinter frame or window win = Tk() # Set the geometry of tkinter frame win.geometry("750x250") # Create a Text widget text= Label(win, text=" Hello\nWelcome to Tutorialspoint.com!",font=('Century Schoolbook', 20, 'italic bold')) text.pack(pady=30) win.attributes('-fullscreen',True) win.mainloop()
Executing the above code will display a full screen window.
Since the Windows control bars are hidden, we can close the window by pressing "Alt +F4".
- Related Articles
- How to display full-screen mode on Tkinter?
- Difference between Widescreen and Full Screen
- Creating Clickable Tkinter labels
- Creating an Advanced Loading Screen in CSS
- How to get full screen activity in android?
- Creating communication between Java application and SAP
- Creating a Dropdown Menu using Tkinter
- Creating a Browse Button with Tkinter
- Creating an automatically maximized tkinter window
- How to make full screen custom dialog in Android?
- How to Handle CSS in Browser Full-Screen Mode?
- Creating a Radio button group in ABAP Screen Painter
- Creating a button in tkinter in Python
- Creating a Frameless window in Python Tkinter