- Learn MySQL
- MySQL - Home
- MySQL - Introduction
- MySQL - Installation
- MySQL - Administration
- MySQL - PHP Syntax
- MySQL - Connection
- MySQL - Create Database
- MySQL - Drop Database
- MySQL - Select Database
- MySQL - Data Types
- MySQL - Create Tables
- MySQL - Drop Tables
- MySQL - Insert Query
- MySQL - Select Query
- MySQL - Where Clause
- MySQL - Update Query
- MySQL - Delete Query
- MySQL - Like Clause
- MySQL - Sorting Results
- MySQL - Using Join
- MySQL - NULL Values
- MySQL - Regexps
- MySQL - Transactions
- MySQL - Alter Command
- MySQL - Indexes
- MySQL - Temporary Tables
- MySQL - Clone Tables
- MySQL - Database Info
- MySQL - Using Sequences
- MySQL - Handling Duplicates
- MySQL - SQL Injection
- MySQL - Database Export
- MySQL - Database Import
Create a new database with MySQL Workbench?
To create a new database with MySQL Workbench, you need to launch MySQL workbench. The screenshot is as follows.
Now, let us test connection with MySQL. Follow the below steps −
Database->Connect to database (Ctrl +U).
The following is the screenshot that displays the “Connect to Database” dialog box. Add password to continue.
After that, you need to press the OK button twice to establish a connection.
Now, to create a database, you need to click the symbol shown in the following screenshot −
After clicking the symbol, you will get the following wizard to create a database −
In the above wizard, you need to give the database name. I have given the database name “Education”.
Now, you need to press the “Apply” button.
After pressing the apply button, we will get another wizard as shown above. This itself states that we have successfully created the database. You can check whether the database has been created or not under the “Schemas” tab as shown in the following screenshot −
- Related Articles
- How to take MySQL database backup using MySQL Workbench?
- Create a stored Procedures using MySQL Workbench?
- How to get ER model of database from server with MySQL Workbench?
- Can we create a database with a numeric name with MySQL?
- How to create a new database in MongoDB?
- Create a new user with password in MySQL 8?
- Create a new table in MySQL with specific options with DEFAULT?
- How can we create a new database by using mysqladmin?
- Which PHP function is used to create a new database?
- Create a database in MySQL from Java?
- How can we create a new database by using PHP script?
- Declare syntax error in MySQL Workbench?
- Performance Report Controls in Mysql Workbench
- How to create a new table from merging two tables with MySQL union?
- Connecting to a MySQL database with Java