- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Control register of 8257
The processor, in active state writes to the Control register of 8257 to configure its working purpose. To find out the status of 8257, the processor reads status register of the processor. The control register is of length 8-bits which is only read by the processor but not read. It is only selected when CS* is 0, A3-0 is 1000, and IOW* is 0.
Intel calls the control register 8257 normally the mode set register by as it sets the mode of operation of 8257.
|AULD||1 = Enable auto load|
0 = Disable auto load
|TCS||1 = Stop DMA transfer if TC reached|
0 = No automatic stop of DMA on occurrence of TC
|EXWR||1 = Enable extended write|
0 = Enable extended write
|RTPR||1 = Enable rotating Priority|
0 = Disable rotating Priority
|ECHn||1 = Enable DMA Channel n (n = 0-3)|
0 = Disable DMA Channel n
- Status register of 8257
- What is the CPU control register?
- What is control of Register and Memory in Computer Architecture?
- Differentiate between user and control register in CPU.
- Address registers of 8257
- Count registers of 8257
- Address registers of 8257 chip
- Description of the pins of 8257
- Programming the 8257
- Description of 8257 DMA controller chip
- Working of the 8257 DMA controller
- Register codes of 8085 Microprocessor
- Flag register of 8086 microprocessor
- Intel 8257 Programmable DMA Controller
- 8085 program to exchange content of HL register pair with DE register pair