- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Can it be said that the novel Oliver Twist is the fittest example of Victorian fiction?
The novel Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens evokes the images of early Victorian England. It is notable for its portrayal of criminals and their sordid lives. Not only criminals but the cruel treatment of orphans in the mid-nineteenth century London was also being talked about. The story of Oliver Twist is a dark tale generated by vice, degradation, and terror.
Portraying Various Aspects of Society
Dickens satirizes the hypocrisies of his times in it viz. child labor, the recruitment of children for crime, the depiction of working class of the poor, the working class of England, the presence of street children, the environment of a brutal orphanage and the importance of virtue and values. There are dual conflicts: the one between Monks and Oliver; the other between Fagin and Sikes. Use of highly sentimental scenes portraying powerlessness of children, greed, crimes and the limits of justice revealed by contrast ugly social truths.
The novel is truly the fittest example of Victorian Fiction and Dickens' writing has become timeless with its relevance even in the contemporary times. Thus, Dickens showed us how the situation was in at those times without peppering with any additional seasoning to make it more rich with pathos.
- Why is Wuthering Heights a classic Victorian novel?
- How can Tensorflow be used to export the model so that it can be used later?
- Minimum Cuts can be made in the Chessboard such that it is not divided into 2 parts in C++
- Minimum Cuts can be made in the Chessboard such that it is not divided into 2 parts in Python
- Area of the largest triangle that can be inscribed within a rectangle?
- What is the meaning of “SELECT” statement in MySQL and how can it be used?
- How the MySQL command that you are in the process of entering can be canceled?
- What is no-confidence motion? When can it be held?
- Is pizza healthy? If not, can it be made healthy?
- In MySQL, how it can be possible to specify a sort order using a column that is not retrieved by the query?
- Is it necessary to select the database each time we begin a MySQL session? How can it be done?
- Set the minimum height that a box can be with CSS
- Set the maximum width that a box can be with CSS
- Set the minimum width that a box can be with CSS
- Set the maximum height that a box can be with CSS