- Apache Drill Tutorial
- Apache Drill - Home
- Apache Drill - Introduction
- Apache Drill - Fundamentals
- Apache Drill - Architecture
- Apache Drill - Installation
- Apache Drill - SQL Operations
- Apache Drill - Query using JSON
- Window Functions using JSON
- Querying Complex Data
- Data Definition Statements
- Apache Drill - Querying Data
- Querying Data using HBase
- Querying Data using Hive
- Apache Drill - Querying Parquet Files
- Apache Drill - JDBC Interface
- Apache Drill - Custom Function
- Apache Drill - Contributors
- Apache Drill Useful Resources
- Apache Drill - Quick Guide
- Apache Drill - Useful Resources
- Apache Drill - Discussion
Apache Drill - Querying Complex Data
In this chapter, we will discuss in detail about which all composite data types does Apache Drill supports.
Array − An array is a repeated list of values. A value in an array can be a scalar type, such as string or int, or an array can be a complex type, such as a map or another array.
Map − A map is a set of name/value pairs. A value in a map can be a scalar type, such as string or int, or a complex type, such as an array or another map.
Apache Drill uses map and array data types internally for reading complex and nested data structures from data sources.
|Sr.No||Function & Description|
FLATTEN separates the elements in a repeated field into individual records.
This function returns a list of the keys that exist in the map.
This function counts the values in an array.
Searches for a keyword in an array. If the keyword is present in an array, the result will be true otherwise false.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started