- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why would a jQuery variable start with a dollar sign?
When you will begin working about jQuery, you will get to know about the usage of the $ sign. A $ sign is used to define jQuery.
Let's take an Example −
// jQuery object var $phone = $("#myphone"); // dom object var phone_el = $("#myphone").get(1);
- Related Articles
- How to remove dollar sign from a column of a data.table object in R?
- How to remove dollar sign in R data frame?
- How to use a variable in a string in jQuery?
- Why Won’t Your Hosting Provider Sign a HIPAA BAA?
- How to concatenate variable in a string in jQuery?
- How to pass a variable into a jQuery attribute-contains selector?
- Why C/C++ variables doesn’t start with numbers
- What actually made Apple a trillion dollar company?
- How would you unbind all jQuery events from a particular namespace?
- Why does the indexing start with zero in C# arrays?
- How to put url into a variable when button is clicked - jQuery?
- Creating a variable with dynamic variable type in SAP ABAP
- Insert Euro and Dollar symbol to a column in MySQL?
- MySQL CREATE USER with a variable?