- Learn MySQL
- MySQL - Home
- MySQL - Introduction
- MySQL - Installation
- MySQL - Administration
- MySQL - PHP Syntax
- MySQL - Connection
- MySQL - Create Database
- MySQL - Drop Database
- MySQL - Select Database
- MySQL - Data Types
- MySQL - Create Tables
- MySQL - Drop Tables
- MySQL - Insert Query
- MySQL - Select Query
- MySQL - Where Clause
- MySQL - Update Query
- MySQL - Delete Query
- MySQL - Like Clause
- MySQL - Sorting Results
- MySQL - Using Join
- MySQL - NULL Values
- MySQL - Regexps
- MySQL - Transactions
- MySQL - Alter Command
- MySQL - Indexes
- MySQL - Temporary Tables
- MySQL - Clone Tables
- MySQL - Database Info
- MySQL - Using Sequences
- MySQL - Handling Duplicates
- MySQL - SQL Injection
- MySQL - Database Export
- MySQL - Database Import
What is the use of SOUNDS LIKE operator in MySQL?
With the help of SOUNDS LIKE operator, MySQL search the similar sound values from the table.
Expression1 SOUNDS LIKE Expression2
Here, both Expression1 and Expression2 will be compared based on their English pronunciation of sound.
Following is an example from ‘student’ table which will match the two expressions based on the pronunciation of sound −
mysql> Select Id, Name, Address, Subject from student where name sounds like 'garav'; +------+--------+---------+-----------+ | Id | Name | Address | Subject | +------+--------+---------+-----------+ | 1 | Gaurav | Delhi | Computers | | 20 | Gaurav | Jaipur | Computers | +------+--------+---------+-----------+ 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
- Related Articles
- What is the use of MySQL SOUNDS LIKE operator?
- What is the use of MySQL NOT LIKE operator?
- Explain the use of sql LIKE operator using MySQL in Python?
- What is the use of RLIKE operator in MySQL?
- What is the use of MySQL IS and IS NOT operator?
- What is the significant difference between MySQL LIKE and equal to (=) operator?
- What is the use of EXIST and EXIST NOT operator with MySQL subqueries?
- What is the operator in MySQL?
- What is the use of sizeof Operator in C#?
- What is the use of tilde operator (~) in R?
- How to use MySQL SOUNDEX() function with LIKE operator to retrieve the records from table?
- What is the use of scope resolution operator in C++?
- What is the difference between –Match, -Like and –Contains Operator in PowerShell?
- How Are MySQL INSTR() and LIKE operator similar?
- Display specific table names with MySQL LIKE Operator