- Python 3 Basic Tutorial
- Python 3 - Home
- What is New in Python 3
- Python 3 - Overview
- Python 3 - Environment Setup
- Python 3 - Basic Syntax
- Python 3 - Variable Types
- Python 3 - Basic Operators
- Python 3 - Decision Making
- Python 3 - Loops
- Python 3 - Numbers
- Python 3 - Strings
- Python 3 - Lists
- Python 3 - Tuples
- Python 3 - Dictionary
- Python 3 - Date & Time
- Python 3 - Functions
- Python 3 - Modules
- Python 3 - Files I/O
- Python 3 - Exceptions
- Python 3 Advanced Tutorial
- Python 3 - Classes/Objects
- Python 3 - Reg Expressions
- Python 3 - CGI Programming
- Python 3 - Database Access
- Python 3 - Networking
- Python 3 - Sending Email
- Python 3 - Multithreading
- Python 3 - XML Processing
- Python 3 - GUI Programming
- Python 3 - Further Extensions
What is the difference between encode/decode in Python?
To represent a unicode string as a string of bytes is known as encoding. To convert a string of bytes to a unicode string is known as decoding. You typically encode a unicode string whenever you need to use it for IO, for instance transfer it over the network, or save it to a disk file. You typically decode a string of bytes whenever you receive string data from the network or from a disk file.
To encode a string using a given encoding you can do the following:
To decode astring(using the same encoding used to encode it), you need to call decode(encoding). For example:
This string in utf8 encoding is equivalent to u'æøå'
- Related Articles
- Encode and decode uuencode files using Python
- Encode and decode binhex4 files using Python (binhex)
- Encode and decode XDR data using Python xdrlib
- Encode and Decode Strings in C++
- Arduino – base64 encode and decode
- Encode and decode MIME quoted-printable data using Python
- How to encode and decode URl in typescript?
- How to Encode and Decode JSON and Lua Programming?
- What is the difference between = and == operators in Python?
- What is the difference between the != and operators in Python?
- What is the Difference Between Scala and Python?
- Decode Ways in Python
- What is the difference between Core Python and Django Python?
- What is the difference between os.open and os.fdopen in python?