- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the best way to log a Python exception?
We import the logging module and then use the logging.exception method to create a log of the python exception.
import logging try: print 'toy' + 6 except Exception as e: logging.exception("This is an exception log")
We get the following output
ERROR:root:This is an exception log Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Users/TutorialsPoint1/PycharmProjects/TProg/Exception handling/loggingerror1.py", line 3, in <module> print 'toy' + 6 TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects
It is noted that in Python 3 we must call the logging.exception method just inside the except part. If we call this method in any other place we may get a weird exception as per alert by python docs.
- What is the best way to handle list empty exception in Python?
- What is the best way to remove an item from a Python dictionary?
- What is the best way to run all Python files in a directory?
- What is the best way to stop Brain Drain?
- What is the best way to earn money online?
- What is best way to check if a list is empty in Python?
- What is the correct way to pass an object with a custom exception in Python?
- What is the best way to check capacity in Java?
- What is the best way to iterate over a Dictionary in C#?
- What is the best way to add DOM elements with jQuery?