- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is python .. ("dot dot") notation syntax?
There is no special .. ("dot dot") notation syntax in python. You can, however, see this in case of floats accessing their properties. For example,
f = 1..__truediv__ # or 1..__div__ for python 2 print(f(8))
This will give the output:
What we have is a float literal without the trailing zero, which we then access the __truediv__ method of. It's not an operator in itself; the first dot is part of the float value, and the second is the dot operator to access the object's properties and methods. This can also be achieved using:
>>> f = 1. >>> f 1.0 >>> f.__truediv__
- What is a dot operator in Python?
- Field selection within MongoDB query using dot notation?
- What is dot operator in Java?
- What is dot operator in C++?
- MongoDB query to group records and display a specific value with dot notation
- Compute the tensor dot product in Python
- Mutual Inductance with Dot Convention
- Split String with Dot (.) in Java
- What is the difference between the dot (.) operator and -> in C++?
- Return the dot product of two vectors in Python
- Replace dot with comma on MySQL SELECT?
- Return the dot product of two multidimensional vectors in Python