- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is python .. ("dot dot") notation syntax?
There is no special .. ("dot dot") notation syntax in python. You can, however, see this in case of floats accessing their properties. For example,
f = 1..__truediv__ # or 1..__div__ for python 2 print(f(8))
This will give the output:
What we have is a float literal without the trailing zero, which we then access the __truediv__ method of. It's not an operator in itself; the first dot is part of the float value, and the second is the dot operator to access the object's properties and methods. This can also be achieved using:
>>> f = 1. >>> f 1.0 >>> f.__truediv__
- Regular Expression "." (dot) Metacharacter in Java
- What is a dot operator in Python?
- Field selection within MongoDB query using dot notation?
- What is "is not" operator in Python?
- What is dot operator in Java?
- What is dot operator in C++?
- What is "not in" operator in Python?
- What is difference in Python operators != and "is not"?
- What is "Argument-Dependent Lookup" ("Koenig Lookup") in C++?
- What is the difference between "var" and "val" in Kotlin?
- What is the difference between "const" and "val" in Kotlin?