- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is MySQL Cursor? What are its main properties?
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
In Computer science and technology, a database cursor is a control structure that enables traversal over the records in a database. Cursor in MySQL is almost the same as a cursor in other databases. MySQL cursor is a kind of loop facility given to traverse in the result of SQL one by one. We can operate on every result by using the cursor in MySQL. Cursors are supported in stored procedures, functions, and triggers only. MySQL cursor is available from version 5 or greater. Followings are the three main properties of MySQL cursor −
By using MySQL cursor, we cannot update any table.
MySQL cursors always fetch the rows in one direction i.e. from top to bottom. In other words, we can say that we cannot fetch rows in reverse order and we cannot skip rows or jump to the specific row in result set.
MySQL cursor is asensitive in nature that is it cannot create a copy of the table. It is faster than the other type of cursor i.e. insensitive cursor.
- What is Canva and what are its main features?
- What is type 3 grammar? Explain its properties
- What are the main features of MySQL?
- What is Anorexia? What are its symptoms?
- What is anaemia and what are its effects?
- What is Osteoporosis and what are its effects?
- What is Multiplexing and what are its types?
- What is pytest and what are its advantages?
- What is Spoofing and what are its types?
- What are the different steps in using MySQL cursor?
- What are the properties of MySQL user variables?
- What is alkaloid Scopolamine and what are its effects?
- What is a psychosomatic disorder? What are its remedies?
- What is electronic noise and what are its types?
- What is a waveguide and what are its types?