- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the major features of Java programming?
Following are the notable features of Java:
In Java, everything is an Object. Java can be easily extended since it is based on the Object model.
Unlike many other programming languages including C and C++, when Java is compiled, it is not compiled into platform specific machine, rather into platform-independent byte code. This byte code is distributed over the web and interpreted by the Virtual Machine (JVM) on whichever platform it is being run on.
Java is designed to be easy to learn. If you understand the basic concept of OOP Java, it would be easy to master.
With Java's secure feature it enables to develop virus-free, tamper-free systems. Authentication techniques are based on public-key encryption.
Java compiler generates an architecture-neutral object file format, which makes the compiled code executable on many processors, with the presence of Java runtime system.
Being architecture-neutral and having no implementation dependent aspects of the specification makes Java portable. The compiler in Java is written in ANSI C with a clean portability boundary, which is a POSIX subset.
Java makes an effort to eliminate error-prone situations by emphasizing mainly on compile time error checking and runtime checking.
With Java's multithreaded feature it is possible to write programs that can perform many tasks simultaneously. This design feature allows the developers to construct interactive applications that can run smoothly.
Java byte code is translated on the fly to native machine instructions and is not stored anywhere. The development process is more rapid and analytical since the linking is an incremental and light-weight process.
With the use of Just-In-Time compilers, Java enables high performance.
Java is designed for the distributed environment of the internet.
Java is considered to be more dynamic than C or C++ since it is designed to adapt to an evolving environment. Java programs can carry an extensive amount of run-time information that can be used to verify and resolve accesses to objects at run-time.
- Related Articles
- Major features of C# programming
- What are the major new features in Arduino IDE 2.0?
- What are the key features of Java?
- Key features of the Swift programming language?
- What are C++ features missing in Java?
- C++ Programming Language Features
- What are the features of ODBC?
- What are the features of MQTT?
- Rust Programming Language – Big Features
- What are the major benefits of Ayurveda?
- What are the major groups of microorganisms?
- What are the major Components of Environments?
- What are the hidden features of C#?
- What are the main features of JDBC?
- What are the Features of Perl Language?