- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the data types, value types and reference types in C#?
Datatype are of two types in C# i.e. Value type, reference type, and pointer type.
Value type variables can be assigned a value directly. They are derived from the class System.ValueType.
The following are the Value type data types −
|bool||Boolean value||True or False|
|byte||8-bit unsigned integer||0 to 255||0|
|char||16-bit Unicode character||U +0000 to U +fff||'\0'|
|decimal||128-bit precise decimal values with 28-29 significant digits||(-7.9 x 1028 to 7.9 x 1028) / 100to 28||0.0M|
|double||64-bit double-precision floating point type||(+/-)5.0 x 10-324 to (+/-)1.7 x 10308||0.0D|
|float||32-bit single-precision floating point type||-3.4 x 1038 to + 3.4 x 1038||0.0F|
|int||32-bit signed integer type||-2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647||0|
|long||64-bit signed integer type||-9,223,372,036,854,775,808 to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807||0L|
|sbyte||8-bit signed integer type||-128 to 127||0|
|short||16-bit signed integer type||-32,768 to 32,767||0|
|uint||32-bit unsigned integer type||0 to 4,294,967,295||0|
|ulong||64-bit unsigned integer type||0 to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615||0|
|ushort||16-bit unsigned integer type||0 to 65,535||0|
The reference types do not contain the actual data stored in a variable, but they contain a reference to the variables.
The following are the Reference Types in C# −
Object Type − The Object Type is the ultimate base class for all data types in C# Common Type System (CTS).
Dynamic Type − Store any type of value in the dynamic data type variable. Type checking for these types of variables takes place at run-time.
String Type − The String Type allows you to assign any string values to a variable. The string type is an alias for the System.String class
- What are reference data types in C#?
- Explain and contrast value types and reference types in C#
- What are reference data types in Java?
- What are enumerated data types in C++?
- What are pointer data types in C#?
- What are nullable data types in C#?
- What are dynamic data types in C#?
- What are object data types in C#?
- What are string and String data types in C#?
- Difference between fundamental data types and derived data types in C++
- What are fundamental data types in C++ programming?
- What are user defined data types in C#?
- What are primary data types in C language?
- Difference between Fundamental data types and derived Data Types