- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the complexities MySQL joins involve?
Actually, in simple words, we can say that a join between tables is an extension of a single-table SELECT statement but it involves the additional complexities:
Need to specify all the tables
We need to specify all the tables in FROM clause which are involved in the join. It is in contrast with the SELECT statement in which only one table name is necessary.
Need to specify the matching conditions
We just need to specify the matching conditions based on which a join matches the records in one table with a record in another table. The conditions often are given in the WHERE clause, but the particular syntax depends on the type of join.
Need to specify list of columns
We just need to specify the list of columns to display. They can include columns from any or all of the tables involved in the join.
Need to indicate specific table for specific column
If a join refers to a column name that appears in more than one table, the name is ambiguous and we must indicate which table we mean each time we refer to the column.
- What are MySQL joins?
- Algorithms and Complexities
- How can INTERSECTION between tables be implemented with the help of MySQL joins?
- How DIFFERENCES between tables can be implemented with the help of MySQL joins?
- In MySQL, how can we maintain data-driven table relationship using joins?
- How can we write MySQL query for inner joins with the help of Comma operator?
- How can we write MySQL query for inner joins with the help of keyword JOIN?
- How can we write MySQL query for cross joins with the help of Comma operator?
- How can we write MySQL query for cross joins with the help of keyword JOIN?
- How can we find the duplicate values available in a MySQL table by using JOINS?
- How to write PHP script by using MySQL JOINS inside it to join two MySQL tables?
- MySQL SELECT from table A that does not exist in table B using JOINS?
- What are the MySQL Supported Platforms?
- Example and usage of JOINS in DB2