- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are free libraries for Canvas in HTML5?
If you need to add interactive elements to your website, then free libraries for Canvas can ease your work. Firstly, let’s discuss how to create a canvas in HTML5.
The HTML <canvas> tag is used to draw graphics, animations, etc. using scripting. The <canvas> tag introduced in HTML5.
You can try to run the following code, which creates a canvas in HTML5
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>HTML5 Canvas Tag</title> </head> <body> <canvas id = "myCanvas"> </canvas> <script> var c = document.getElementById('myCanvas'); var ctx = c.getContext('2d'); ctx.fillStyle = '#7cce2b'; ctx.fillRect(0,0,300,100); </script> </body> </html>
Now, let us see which free libraries for Canvas in HTML5 can help in adding amazing effects to your website.
Using Fabric.js, create and populate objects on canvas i.e. objects like simple geometrical shapes. Also, it’s easy to give a shape a gradient. Add text easily and dynamically manipulate the alignment, size, etc.
It is an open source vector graphics scripting framework, which runs on top of the HTML5 Canvas.
Paper.js provides a Document Object Model, easily create and populate a project with layers, groups, paths, etc. Create paths and add segments to them. Paths are a sequence of segments that are connected by curves.
The segments can be easily inspected, manipulated, and moved around after adding. You can also remove the segments easily. Also get methods to import and export vector graphics as SV
Chart.js provides in-built charts and these are easily extendable to custom charts. Built-in charts include line, bar, horizontal bar, scatter, bubble, etc.
- What are thread libraries?
- What are save and restore methods in HTML5 Canvas?
- addEventListener for keydown on HTML5 Canvas
- Fractional font sizes for HTML5 Canvas?
- What is composition in HTML5 Canvas?
- What is getContext in HTML5 Canvas?
- What are Standard Libraries in C++?
- Properties for HTML5 Canvas to create shadows
- Translating HTML5 canvas
- HTML5 Canvas distorted
- HTML5 Canvas Transformation
- What are the closure properties for context free language?
- HTML5 Canvas Text Stroke for Large Font Size
- What are start angle and end angle of arc in HTML5 canvas?
- HTML5 Canvas drawings like lines are looking blurry