- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
What are Reserved Keywords in Python?
Reserved words (also called keywords) are defined with predefined meaning and syntax in the language. These keywords have to be used to develop programming instructions. Reserved words can’t be used as identifiers for other programming elements like name of variable, function etc.
Following is the list of reserved keywords in Python 3
Python 3 has 33 keywords while Python 2 has 30. The print has been removed from Python 2 as keyword and included as built-in function.
To check the keyword list, type following commands in interpreter −
>>> import keyword >>> keyword.kwlist
- Related Articles
- What are reserved keywords in C#?
- Reserved keywords in C++?
- What are Reserved Words in Python?
- What is the difference between keywords and reserved words in Java?
- What are contextual keywords in C#?
- Keywords in Python
- What Are LSI Keywords in Digital Marketing?
- What Are Keywords Shortcuts for Youtube?
- What are signed and unsigned keywords in C++?
- What are the different types of keywords in Java?
- List of Keywords in Python Programming
- What are the different types of keywords in C language?
- Are ‘this’ and ‘super’ keywords in Java?
- How many keywords are there in C++?