- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are MySQL constraints?
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
As we know that constraint is a kind of limitation or restriction. Similarly, MySQL constraints are used to define some rules that limit the data that can go into a table. With the help of constraints, we can basically maintain the accuracy and integrity of the data inside the table.
Types of MySQL constraints
MySQL constraints are of two types −
- Column Level constraints − The constraints which are applied only to a particular column of the table and limits only column data are called column level constraints.
- Table Level constraints − The constraints which are applied to the whole table and limits whole table data are called table-level constraints.
Followings are some most common MySQL constraints −
- NOT NULL
- PRIMARY KEY
- FOREIGN KEY
- What are constraints on ER model in DBMS?
- What are the methods for Clustering with Constraints?
- What are integrity constraints over the relation in DBMS?
- What are the Categorization of Constraints in data mining?
- How MySQL Deals with Constraints?
- Show constraints on table command in MySQL?
- Get a list of Constraints from MySQL Database?
- Get a list of Foreign Key constraints in MySQL
- What are MySQL joins?
- How to display all constraints on a table in MySQL?
- How do I show unique constraints of a table in MySQL?
- sp_help for MySQL to display field types and foreign key constraints?
- What are MySQL group functions?
- What are MySQL database engines?
- What all constraints can be added to a PostgreSQL table?