- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Migrating to SAP HANA system
SAP HANA is a combination of HANA Database, Data Modeling, HANA Administration and Data Provisioning in one single suite. Following are key features of SAP HANA −
- SAP HANA is a combination of software and hardware innovation to process a huge amount of real-time data.
- Based on multi-core architecture in the distributed system environment.
- Based on column type of data-storage in the database and hence facilitates data compression, and on the fly aggregation.
Storing Data in Columnar based table has following benefits −
Faster read and write access to tables as compared to conventional Row based storage
Flexibility & parallel processing
Perform Aggregations and Calculations at higher speed
- Used extensively in Memory Computing Engine (IMCE) to process and analyze the massive amount of real-time data.
- It reduces the cost of ownership, increases application performance, enables new applications to run on the real-time environment that were not possible before.
- SAP HANA support different data replications- SAP LT replication, Direct Extract Connection or Data Services and data load can be done in real time trigger based approach.
- SAP HANA can be used for BI reporting using different reporting tools like BusinessObjects, Tableau and also include MS Excel.
To know more about SAP HANA features, you can refer to our SAP HANA tutorial:
- Related Articles
- Searching a SAP HANA system in HANA Studio System view
- System privilege to start/stop a SAP HANA system
- Architecture of SAP HANA system
- Integrate node.js with SAP HANA system
- Data Compression in SAP HANA system
- Index server in SAP HANA system
- Checking System limits in SAP HANA
- Current alerts in SAP HANA system
- Checking performance of SAP HANA system
- Checking version of SAP HANA system
- Lock down of SAP HANA system
- Start and stop HANA system in SAP HANA Studio
- System requirement to install SAP HANA Information Composer
- SQL query to check SAP HANA system version
- System measurement of SAP HANA system in XML file