- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Java arithmetic operators
Arithmetic operators are used in mathematical expressions in the same way that they are used in algebra. The following table lists the arithmetic operators −
Assume integer variable A holds 10 and variable B holds 20, then
|+ (Addition)||Adds values on either side of the operator.||A + B will give 30|
|- (Subtraction)||Subtracts right-hand operand from left-hand operand.||A - B will give -10|
|* (Multiplication)||Multiplies values on either side of the operator.||A * B will give 200|
|/ (Division)||Divides left-hand operand by right-hand operand.||B / A will give 2|
|% (Modulus)||Divides left-hand operand by right-hand operand and returns the remainder.||B % A will give 0|
|++ (Increment)||Increases the value of operand by 1.||B++ gives 21|
|Decreases the value of operand by 1.||B-- gives 19|
- Perl Arithmetic Operators
- Python Arithmetic Operators
- What are the arithmetic operators in Java?
- Arithmetic Operators in C++
- What is operand of arithmetic operators in Java
- Arithmetic operators in Dart Programming
- What are arithmetic operators in C#?
- What are different arithmetic operators in Python?
- Simple Arithmetic Operators Example Program In C++
- Explain the concept of Arithmetic operators in C language
- What are the arithmetic and character operators in DBMS?
- How MySQL performs date arithmetic with addition and subtraction operators?
- Java Arithmetic Operator Examples
- How to sum two integers without using arithmetic operators in C/C++?