- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
IMPORTING, EXPORTING and CHANGING Keywords in ABAP
IMPORTING transfers a value from the caller to the called method by passing an actual parameter
EXPORTING is just opposite to what IMPORTING does. IT passes value from the method to Caller.
CHANGING is transferring the value from caller to method by a variable which is processed or changed and the changed value is passed back to the Caller. Thus it combines both IMPORTING and EXPORTING function.
There are a couple of ways in which CHANGING can be used:
CHANGING myvar or CHANGING VALUE(myvar)
By using, CHANGING myvar , the value of a variable is changed and passed back to the caller or main program.
Using CHANGING VALUE(myvar) is a kind of exception handling. In case there is an exception or error in Subroutine, the value of a variable will be returned unchanged although it is possible that it has been changed in the subroutine.
- Related Articles
- Importing/Exporting ABAP packages to Presentation server
- Importing / Exporting CSV file in PowerShell
- Using ABAP, changing a value in itab by getting data from database table
- Variables and Keywords in C
- Identifiers and Keywords in Typescript
- Importing Data in Python
- Exporting models data in Django
- Keywords in Java
- Keywords in C#
- Keywords in Python
- Are ‘this’ and ‘super’ keywords in Java?
- Are true and false keywords in java?
- Super and Self Keywords in Rust Programming
- Importing External Style Sheets in CSS