- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to use Lambda Function in Python?
These are basically anonymous one-line functions created at runtime which are not bound to the name of the functions.
They return the definition of the function on the fly.
Lambda functions don't contain a return statement, they always return an expression.
You can always put a lambda definition anywhere a function is expected.
Suppose we have a function which is to be used only once and called from only one place, then we can use lambda functions.
So you don't need to give it a name and you can define the functionality there itself. Hence, we eliminate the use of a function and use Lambda expression.
lambda argument: manipulate(argument)
The given code defines a lambda function that gives the following output
add = lambda x, y: x + y print(add(4, 6))
- How to use Function and BiFunction interfaces in lambda expression in Java?
- How to serialize a lambda function in Java?
- How to use BooleanSupplier in lambda expression in Java?
- How to use IntSupplier in lambda expression in Java?
- Map function and Lambda expression in Python to replace characters
- How to use an ArrayList in lambda expression in Java?
- How to use FileFilter interface in lambda expression in Java?
- How to use a return statement in lambda expression in Java?
- What are lambda expressions and how to use them in Java?
- How to use a global variable in a Python function?
- Why we use lambda expressions in Java?
- How to use Consumer and BiConsumer interfaces in lambda expression in Java?
- How to use Glob() function to find files recursively in Python?
- Ways to sort list of dictionaries by values in Python Using lambda function
- How to use this and super keywords with lambda expression in Java?