- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to specify that the element must be filled out before submitting the form in HTML?
59 Lectures 8.5 hours
68 Lectures 8 hours
The required attribute in HTML is used to specify that the element should be filled before the form is submitted. If the field is not filled and the submit button is clicked, an error generates, which fails form submission. The error will be “Please fill out this field”.
The required attribute can be used on input, select and textarea element.
You can try to run the following code to implement readonly attribute −
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>HTML placeholder attribute</title> </head> <body> <h2>Register</h2> <form action = "/new.php"> <input type = "text" placeholder = "Student UserName" name = "name" required/><br> <input type = "submit" value = "Submit"> </form> </body> </html>
- How to specify whether the form-data should be encoded while submitting to the server with HTML?
- Resize image before submitting the form HTML5
- How to specify that the form should not be validated when disabled in HTML?
- How to specify that the element is read-only in HTML?
- How to specify that the details should be visible to the user in HTML?
- How to specify that an <input> element should be pre-selected when the page loads in HTML?
- How to specify that the element should automatically get focus when the page loads in HTML?
- How to specify which form element a calculation is bound to with HTML?
- How to specify where to send the form-data when a form is submitted in HTML?
- How to specify that an element is not yet relevant in HTML?
- How to specify that an option should be pre-selected when the page loads in HTML?
- How to specify that the target will be downloaded when a user clicks on the hyperlink in HTML?
- How to specify whether the content of an element should be translated or not in HTML?
- How to specify that the styles only apply to this element's parent element and that element's child elements in HTML?
- How to specify whether the <form> or the <input> element should have autocomplete enabled in HTML?