- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to pass arguments by reference in Python function?
In Python, function arguments are always passed by reference. This can be verified by checking id() of factual, formal arguments and returned object
def foo(x): print ("id of received argument",id(x)) x.append("20") return x a = ["10"] print ("id of argument before calling function",id(a)) b = foo(a) print ("id of returned object",id(b)) print (b) print (a)
The id() of a, x inside foo() and b are found to be same.
id of argument before calling function 1475589299912 id of received argument 1475589299912 id of returned object 1475589299912
- How to pass arguments by reference in a Python function?
- How to pass arguments by value in Python function?
- Pass by reference vs value in Python
- Pass by reference vs Pass by Value in java
- How are arguments passed by value or by reference in Python?
- Is java pass by reference or pass by value?
- How to pass an array by reference in C++
- Differences between pass by value and pass by reference in C++
- What is Pass By Reference and Pass By Value in PHP?
- Pass an integer by reference in Java
- What is pass by reference in C language?