- DBMS Tutorial
- DBMS - Home
- DBMS - Overview
- DBMS - Architecture
- DBMS - Data Models
- DBMS - Data Schemas
- DBMS - Data Independence
- Entity Relationship Model
- DBMS - ER Model Basic Concepts
- DBMS - ER Diagram Representation
- DBMS - Generalization, Aggregation
- Relational Model
- DBMS - Codd's Rules
- DBMS - Relational Data Model
- DBMS - Relational Algebra
- DBMS - ER to Relational Model
- DBMS- SQL Overview
- Relational Database Design
- DBMS - Database Normalization
- DBMS - Database Joins
- Storage and File Structure
- DBMS - Storage System
- DBMS - File Structure
- Indexing and Hashing
- DBMS - Indexing
- DBMS - Hashing
- Transaction And Concurrency
- DBMS - Transaction
- DBMS - Concurrency Control
- DBMS - Deadlock
- Backup and Recovery
- DBMS - Data Backup
- DBMS - Data Recovery
- DBMS Useful Resources
- DBMS - Quick Guide
- DBMS - Useful Resources
- DBMS - Discussion
How to identify entity from a given problem
Entity in DBMS can be a real-world object with an existence. To identify entity from a given problem, follow the below given tips −
Under the problem description, try to find the entity.
- Search for nouns, like Teacher, Doctor, etc.
- Classify nouns to get a wider picture about the entities.
- Read the problem description repeatedly.
- Entities are like Persons, Students, Teachers, Courses.
- Entities has attributes, that properties describing it, for example, for Professor entity, the attributes are Professor_Name, Professor_Address, Professor_Salary, etc
Hospital has doctors and patients. Patients visit the hospital to get a consultation from the doctor. Doctor may suggest tests to examine the condition of the patient.
The following are the entities −
- The attributes for Hospital Entity: Hospital_Name, Hospital_Location, Hospital_Phone, etc.
- The attributes for Patient Entity: Patient_Id, Patient_Name, Patient_Age, Patient_VisitDate, etc.
- The attributes for Doctor Entity: Doctor_Id, Doctor_Name, Doctor_Specialization, etc.
- The attributes for Tests Entity: Tests_Name, Tests_Date, Tests_Result, etc.
- Related Articles
- Difference between Strong Entity and Weak Entity
- Explain difference between Strong Entity and Weak Entity
- C++ Program to Solve a Matching Problem for a Given Specific Case
- FabricJS – How to identify if the given object is of a Polygon instance?
- Entity-Relationship Diagram
- Identify The Given Tissue
- How to identify if the given object is of a Polyline instance using FabricJS?
- Prove that the polynomial time reduction is from the Clique problem to the Vertex Cover problem
- How to Identify a Good-Quality Fabric?
- Entity Relationship Participation in Database
- Identifying Entity Relationships in DBMS
- Entity Integrity Rule in RDBMS
- HTML Entity Parser in C++
- What is Entity-Relationship Modeling?
- How does ASP.NET Core provide data access with Entity Framework?