- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to identify entity from a given problem
Entity in DBMS can be a real-world object with an existence. To identify entity from a given problem, follow the below given tips −
Under the problem description, try to find the entity.
- Search for nouns, like Teacher, Doctor, etc.
- Classify nouns to get a wider picture about the entities.
- Read the problem description repeatedly.
- Entities are like Persons, Students, Teachers, Courses.
- Entities has attributes, that properties describing it, for example, for Professor entity, the attributes are Professor_Name, Professor_Address, Professor_Salary, etc
Hospital has doctors and patients. Patients visit the hospital to get a consultation from the doctor. Doctor may suggest tests to examine the condition of the patient.
The following are the entities −
- The attributes for Hospital Entity: Hospital_Name, Hospital_Location, Hospital_Phone, etc.
- The attributes for Patient Entity: Patient_Id, Patient_Name, Patient_Age, Patient_VisitDate, etc.
- The attributes for Doctor Entity: Doctor_Id, Doctor_Name, Doctor_Specialization, etc.
- The attributes for Tests Entity: Tests_Name, Tests_Date, Tests_Result, etc.
- Difference between Strong Entity and Weak Entity
- Explain difference between Strong Entity and Weak Entity
- How to Identify and Prevent a Smartphone Scam?
- C++ Program to Solve a Matching Problem for a Given Specific Case
- Entity-Relationship Diagram
- Identify last document from MongoDB find() result set?
- How to identify recent WAIT events in a Oracle database ?
- How to identify foreign key in MySQL DB?
- How to identify server IP address in PHP?
- Identifying Entity Relationships in DBMS
- Entity Integrity Rule in RDBMS
- Entity Relationship Participation in Database
- HTML Entity Parser in C++
- What is Entity-Relationship Modeling?
- Prove that the polynomial time reduction is from the Clique problem to the Vertex Cover problem