- Python 3 Basic Tutorial
- Python 3 - Home
- What is New in Python 3
- Python 3 - Overview
- Python 3 - Environment Setup
- Python 3 - Basic Syntax
- Python 3 - Variable Types
- Python 3 - Basic Operators
- Python 3 - Decision Making
- Python 3 - Loops
- Python 3 - Numbers
- Python 3 - Strings
- Python 3 - Lists
- Python 3 - Tuples
- Python 3 - Dictionary
- Python 3 - Date & Time
- Python 3 - Functions
- Python 3 - Modules
- Python 3 - Files I/O
- Python 3 - Exceptions
- Python 3 Advanced Tutorial
- Python 3 - Classes/Objects
- Python 3 - Reg Expressions
- Python 3 - CGI Programming
- Python 3 - Database Access
- Python 3 - Networking
- Python 3 - Sending Email
- Python 3 - Multithreading
- Python 3 - XML Processing
- Python 3 - GUI Programming
- Python 3 - Further Extensions
How to get timer ticks at a given time in Python?
To get the timer ticks at a given time, use the clock. The python docs state that this function should be used for benchmarking purposes.
import time t0= time.clock() print("Hello") t1 = time.clock() - t0 print("Time elapsed: ", t1 - t0) # CPU seconds elapsed (floating point)
This will give the output −
Time elapsed: 0.0009403145040156798
Note that different systems will have different accuracy based on their internal clock setup (ticks per second). but it's generally at least under 20ms. Also note that clock returns different things on different platforms. On Unix, it returns the current processor time as a floating point number expressed in seconds. The precision, and in fact the very definition of the meaning of “processor time”, depends on that of the C function of the same name, but in any case, this is the function to use for benchmarking Python or timing algorithms. On Windows, this function returns wall-clock seconds elapsed since the first call to this function, as a floating point number, based on the Win32 function QueryPerformanceCounter(). The resolution is typically better than one microsecond.
- Related Articles
- How to hide ticks label in Python but keep the ticks in place?
- How to get Time in Milliseconds for the Given date and time in Java?
- How to get current time in milliseconds in Python?
- How to Create a Cron Job and Execute at a Given Time in Linux
- How to get current date and time in Python?
- How to get formatted date and time in Python?
- Python Program to Create a Lap Timer
- Timer objects in Python
- How to use Boto3 to get the details of multiple triggers at a time?
- How to truncate a Python dictionary at a given length?
- Algorithm for Dynamic Time out timer Calculation
- How to add third level of ticks in Python Matplotlib?
- How to use Boto3 to get the details of multiple glue jobs at a time?
- How to make a countdown timer in Android?